Monday, April 4, 2011

Surrender, Simplify, and Smile

Ever feel like walking out into the street and holding a white flag towards the sky? The words escaping my lips would be something like, "Alright, you win. I really need some help here. I surrender!"

I guess that's what happens when you hand me six children, three jobs, three pets, and a menopausal body. But I am the one who signed up for all of it, now, aren't I? Well, some simplifying is in order at the Emery house. First, I went to the doctor with a list of symptoms that made me want to cry. Low and behold, he gave me Estrogen and I have returned to a pleasant person with energy and a happy smile! And lest you think I was the only one who could tell, I asked Scott if he noticed a difference. His words were," Oh, you mean the return to sanity?" And showing that I truly had returned to sanity, I laughed instead of bursting into tears and retreating to my closet to fall apart. Small victory for Michelle.

Second, I have decided to quit the newspaper job for now. The editor I love has moved on and the new editor is demanding certain deadlines. That will not work with the lifestyle here at this house. My job at the school pays better and has great benefits like getting to hang out with my cool kids and other kids who think I am funny and smart. Yes!

Next, we have much more simple meals around here. In fact, tonight is breakfast for dinner. Nope, not eggs, pancakes, and bacon. Cold cereal. The kids think I am awesome. And I guess that means that I can think I am awesome too.
Ta Ta For Now World:)

No comments: