Sunday, January 4, 2009

Seattle As A Family

We went to Seattle for a few days as a christmas trip with all the children. Some highlights were the space needle and getting to see all of seattle from above. The Seattle Aquarium is fantastic. We saw octopus, starfish, otters, etc. I love touching sea life. I want to go back all by myself and play for hours in the pools where you can touch the animals. A cool one is called a feather duster. When you touch it, it pulls itself inside a tube. Cool looking and fun! We also enjoyed Pike's market although the smell of fish was a strong deterent for Taylor who wouldn't eat anything there. Taylor and Ally went on a shuttle to Westlake Mall and truly enjoyed being off on their own. I can't believe my kids are so grown-up that they can do that even in a new city. Cameron and I had a fun walk in downtown Seattle and got crepes and talked. I really love my husband and kids.

Of course there were the rough times like stuffing six kids and two tired adults into a small hotel room. Or Rylee pooping his underwear at the top of the space needle. Ugh! Or a screaming two year old in a backpack. Or losing Tay and Ally in downtown Seattle and having to pray to find them. Or . . . I think I should remember the good times and stop documenting the yucky ones, huh? We really did have so many good memories that I am truly glad we went. Afterall, if you get back from a trip and even the teenagers say that it was a great trip, I think it was successful. Now Scott and I need a vacation. He He He.

1 comment:

Elicia said...

Taylor, I agree with you on the fish! I can't get past the smell!! Sounds like alot of fun, maybe next time we can join you...after the snow is gone, that is!