Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break at the Emery's

So the kids are out of school this week and it's obvious that it's the teachers that get the break and not the parents. I am having a good week, though, and I think we are learning good things as a family.
Monday we spent the day getting the house chean so that we could kind of forget it for the rest of the week. We also talked in depth with the three little kids about what it meant to clean up your own messes. They are learning slowly and I am so happy about that.
Tuesday was a fun day. We dropped Nathan off for his visit with his parents and then I took the other kids to Oregon city. What fun we had. We rode the outdoor elevator and then we walked around and ended up walking through a cool church built by the Mothodists. It was beautiful outside and kind of cool inside. Although Allison put it best when she said the outside was more beautiful than the inside. There was a gift shop and a coffee shop inside which seems odd to us mormons.
Wednesday I took Rylee and Sarah to Portland to see a play based off the book "Goodnight Moon." It was silly and the kids laughed and giggled. That's a fun sound. Jeannine brought Jainey and Katie and my friend Breezy brought her girls Destiny and Kaytlin. Rylee was the odd man out. he he
Thursday was another chance for a book to come into play at our house. All the little kids (and the Mommy) were grumpy so after lunch we became "The Napping House." We all napped in the loft where the little kids sleep. Sometimes sleep is more glorious than anything else.
They all slept so long that I was able to make dinner and homemade apple pie in peace and quiet. It was amazing.
Today we are simply being. No agenda, no plans. It will hopefully be a good day. Tonight Ally and I are going to see Wicked (a play) for her birthday. My Aunt Claudia, Uncle Lee, and cousin Rebecca are here visiting from Utah and they are going to the play, too. I am really excited.
This weekend we are having a party for Ally, Lee and Rebecca. A party! Mom Charlene and Dad Art are coming and my mom is making lasagna, peach jello salad and chocolate roll. Jackpot! I miss living by family and both Scott's Mom and my Mom's good food.

2 comments:

Elicia said...

Wish we were there with you guys! I need your kids to teach mine how wonderful it is to nap! They forgot how way too long ago! Have fun! We miss you guys.

Heather said...

Did you save me some peach jello, lasagna and chocolate roll? I live by Mom and I still rarely get that treat!